Your Oktoberfest Hotel
Some tips on how to enjoy a visit of the Oktoberfest…and survive! (Part 3)
11. Kids are welcome at the Oktoberfest, but those under the age of 6 must leave the tents at 20.00 pm (hopefully accompanied by their parents…).
12. Tuesday is the Family Day: from 12 am to 6 pm everybody can take advantage of reduced prices, discounts and a festive, laid-back atmosphere.
13. If you wish to receive a rapid service, be generous with tips to servers. The beautiful Munich girls tend to overlook stingy people…
14. The classic 1 liter glass beer is called “Maß” (pron. “mass”). For 2012 edition it will have a cost of about 9 €. Do not expect change for rest.
15. The beer served at the Oktoberfest, especially Weiss, is not very light: avoid drinking it with empty stomach (Chicken, bretzel and pork knuckles are all popular dishes of the event, good as stomach fillers, though not very cheap).
- a. If you find that you’re starting to get high, leave the tent and have a little walk, breathe some fresh air and if possible, have a good coffee.
- b. Try to keep a decorous behavior and avoid annoying other people, German police is not very tolerant and you might end up in trouble.
- c. To protect yourself from dehydration and the other side effects of alcohol, drink lots of mineral water.
- d. If you drank too much the best thing to do is take a nap and avoid driving. Fines for impaired driving are very high.
16. Since 2008 smoking inside the tents is strictly forbidden: designated areas for smokers/non smokers are available, although there is always someone trying to ignore this prohibition: be careful, there are frequent controls.
- a. No drugs at the Oktoberfest. Offenders can risk a night conviction and extremely expensive fines.
- How to survive the Octoberfest part.1
- How to survive the Octoberfest part.2
- How to survive the Octoberfest part.3
- How to survive the Octoberfest part.4
Hotel Mirabell is within comfortable walking distance of Munich's main train station, Stachus square and the Oktoberfest grounds.It also offers free W [...]
Set in a quiet location on the outskirts of Munich, yet close to Untermenzing S-Bahn (suburban rail) station, this charming hotel offers delightful ac [...]
Just 4 underground stops from Munich Central Station, this quietly located hotel in the Obergiesing district of Munich offers modern spa facilities an [...]
This guesthouse in the east of Munich is just 300 metres from the St. Quirin Platz Underground Station, offering good transport connections to Munich [...]
Just a 5-minute walk from Marienplatz and the Hofbräuhaus Beer Hall, this hotel offers soundproofed rooms and apartments with flat-screen TVs. A free [...]